Good weather, great business conversations and a whole lot of fun – IRCE had it all!
The YunExpress team was in Chicago last week to exhibit at one of the biggest e-commerce events of the year – the Internet Retailers Conference and Exposition, also known as the IRCE. It wasn’t just our first time in Chicago it was also our first time building up a booth at IRCE. Even though we hit some bumps in the road, we ended up having one of the greatest and most memorable weeks of 2019.
With over 200 expert speakers, 130 conference sessions, and 600 exhibitors, IRCE offers a great platform to connect with hundreds of like-minded people in the retail and logistics industry. The event offered us a unique chance to meet with new partners and potential clients, gain media exposure, and to introduce our services and capabilities to the local market. It was great to meet customers face-to-face and learn more about their business, pain points, and needs. Online sellers of all shapes and sizes came to our booth to learn about our DDP shipping options into Europe. The mix of people we spoke with from all over the world were diverse and interesting! YunExpress is a global company with operations in Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America, and we were very excited to be able to communicate in English, German, Spanish and Mandarin Chinese with the people we met.
Here are some interesting observations we made at the show based on the discussions we had:
Many online sellers:
- Pay high rates to ship internationally, which may be limiting demand for their products from new countries.
- Use international shipping methods which may not always be tracked, leading to reduced customer satisfaction.
- Send parcels on a Delivery Duty Unpaid (DDU) basis, leading to refused orders and returns when sellers don’t disclose possible duty & tax charges to buyers in advance.
- Are not aware that there are shipping companies beyond the typical big players who can offer great domestic and international shipping service and consultations.
- Believe that venturing into serving international customers is difficult or are not sure how to go about doing so.
If the above sounds familiar – don’t be worried. YunExpress has you covered. Reach out to us and we can give you more information to help streamline your international shipping process, reduce international shipping costs + transit times to Europe & Australia, plus increase your total international orders.
The YunExpress USA team had a great time at the IRCE, and there is a good chance that we will attend again next year. If you are interested in going too, registration is not yet open, but you can mark your calendar for June 9-11th in 2020. The event and Chicago have a lot to offer and certainly won’t disappoint!